Southern Leyte State U joins the nation in 122nd PH Civil Service Anniv
As a government higher education institution in the country, Southern Leyte State University joins the 122nd anniversary celebration of the Philippine Civil Service. We have prepared several skills-oriented activities that will also promote health and wellness.
On September 5, students and employees joined the raising of the Philippine flag as a kick-off activity. We also conducted the "Brigada Ahensya" on September 7 to identify offices for its commendable performance of core functions and consistently practicing the 5S (Sort, Set, Sweep, Standardize, Sustain) method.
Here are the other activities for the next coming days in line with the 122nd Philippine Civil Service Anniversary:
• Every Friday of the week - Health and Wellness Activity
• September 9, 2022 - Webinar on Mental Health: Leading Educators Towards a Safe and Mentally Supportive Environment Amidst Crisis Situations
• September 14, 2022 - Green Revolution: Linis Dalampasigan
• September 21, 2022 - Green Revolution: Tree Planting Activity
• September 19-23, 2022 - Medical and Dental Consultation
• September 29, 2022 - Launching of the first Gandilan Awards
• September 30, 2022 - Family Day
The annual celebration of the Philippine Civil Service Anniversary commemorates the signing of Public Law No. 5 or An Act for the Establishment and Maintenance of an Efficient and Honest Civil Service in the Philippine Islands on 19 September 1900. The celebration is also pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 1050, series of 1997 signed by the late President Fidel Valdez Ramos declaring the month of September as the Civil Service Month.
The PCSA has a 10-year overarching theme, Transforming Public Service in the Next Decade: Honing Agile and Future-Ready Servant-Heroes, which reflects the collective experience of the government workforce in the new normal, and in pushing for digital transformation and innovations to uphold public service excellence and continuity.